Assoc Mgr Facilities (Beijing)
- Manage Quintiles facilities in Beijing region, or as assigned by manager to ensure efficient portfolio planning, high quality facilities operations while adhering to the Company’s Policies and Procedures. The types of facilities managed include Clinical R&D offices, Central Lab, Kit Production, Warehouse, etc.
- Provide project management skill and support to facilities projects (R&D or Lab) in Beijing region or as assigned by manager. Primary liaison between internal clients, consultants, engineering firms, and construction/service personnel. Responsible for capital projects, and also maintenance staffs.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Apply to all facilities assigned e.g. R&D, Lab, etc)
- Management of the overall operation of Quintiles facilities in Beijing region including buildings, grounds, equipment and services ensuring high quality and uninterrupted service
- Develop site or project scopes, budgets and timelines for facilities projects. Drive and manage project pipeline, timely support strategy development and approval process. Manage quality production and data gathering/progression in connection with Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) process. Drive Business Plan Development through preparation of relevant financial data that can easily present final recommendations.
- Partners with business units to analyze facilities, synthesizes complex data into standard reporting that drives business decisions.
- Develop, update and implement site specific Facilities Policies and Procedures.
- Manage lease administration, dashboard reporting, and facilitate quality production of portfolio reporting, lease abstracts and translations, etc., as directed.
- Timely communicate to employees regarding facilities services, products and information.
- Analyze space needs, procure contracts and oversee work for authorized building modifications.
- Contact point of utilities, ensure vendor completes utility repairs in a timely manner to avoid operation impact. Manage permit to work system, assess and approve/reject vendors’ method statements & risk assessments with mitigation plans.
- Implement system to schedule, track, and document preventative maintenance, including site walk, regular check and test.
- Responsible for scheduling of maintenance to ensure preventative maintenance program and equipment repairs are completed and documented in a timely manner. Manage all maintenance contracts and documents, service level agreement and key performance indicator.
- Ensure level of service provided by facility vendors meets required standards.
- Provide leadership for office and engineering projects. Plan and manage moves, ensuring that requests are in accordance with agreed plans, efficient coordination with relevant functions and that site policies are followed.
- Establish local standards regarding space, furniture and equipment.
- Ensure that Security, Card Access System and visitor processes are followed per the Security Policies and Procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance shutdowns with vendors and internal clients.
- Liaison with business units for facilities modification projects to support business areas, prepare scope of work with specifications and manage those projects through to completion.
- Manage facilities vendor selection process and negotiations in achieving best commercial terms in accordance with preferred pricing policies for new tools, applications, etc.,
- Approve all facility-related invoices as first approver. Ensures compliance of Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) due diligence process for all facility projects and operational spend in accordance to the prevailing policy and guidelines. Hold Facilitate financial accountability through evaluating data and identifying issues, options and alternatives. Formulate and present recommendations following data analysis.
- Be responsible quarterly and yearly budgeting & forecasting process for facilities assigned, summarizing data into regional/global templates, analyze differences and provide quality variance report and variation control for all financial outputs.
- Undertake financial analysis of key data for assigned issues and areas using a variety of reporting tools to compare actual performance with forecasts and budgets and provide management with information of trends and results to enable corrective action to be taken.
- Interfaces with preferred equipment partner in gathering technical data or certificates to ensure proper facilities supports are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of internal customer requirements and update facilities standards/processes that will meet or exceed these requirements. Provide analysis of key data and identification of trends to support and advise managers.
- Ensures that the Electronic Document Storage system (ELVIS) is maintained with latest required data at prescribed or agreed intervals.
- Ensures library of “as-built” drawings is maintained in hosted and internal repository eg. ELVIS.
- Support identification, development, innovation, proofing, budgeting, implementation, training and measurement of new process, tools, applications, etc., that improve quality, timeliness, and productivity of real estate and facility management group.
- Coordinate with global or regional new equipment/system integration, implementation, and validation of new productivity tools and automation initiatives as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong mechanical and electrical skill with both project and operation experience.
- Central Lab facility experience and strong BMS system operation understanding preferred
- Good managerial, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Good MS Office skills (inc. MS Project)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and internal clients.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong budgeting experience.
- Strong influencing skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Facility related) with 7 years facilities/real estate/project/program management related experience, including 2 year’s line management experience
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.