Clinical Trial Scientist (Beijing)
Quintiles pioneered the idea of helping pharma companies conduct objective clinical trials to establish not only whether a drug is effective, but who can take it safely. Our customers have relied on us to design and conduct rigorous clinical research for decades, from small studies to multinational mega-trials. However, we continue to develop new ways of interpreting and evaluating data that allow us to create more effective trials and determine outcomes faster. If that is your passion, we have a place for you.
Supervise the daily activities of assigned laboratory work group(s) through appropriate delegation, technical skills
training, and work supervision. Meet regularly with staff and senior management to discuss and resolve workload and
Screen and assign workload. Plan, prioritize and assign tasks and projects. Counsel, train and coach laboratory staff.
Monitor work, develop staff skills and evaluate performance.
Assist in establishment and revision of laboratory policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality
assurance procedures. Ensure compliance with safety requirements.
Keep abreast of new technical developments. Assist with implementation of new tests, equipment, programs and/or
procedures in the assigned area(s) as needed. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of
services and operational efficiency.
Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, coorperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
• Bachelor's degree in a health sciences field and 7 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education,training and experience
- • In depth knowledge of clinical testing procedures and applicable laboratory testing regulations
• Working knowledge of quality assurance and quality control principles and in depth knowledge of company-specific program requirements
- • Knowledge of occupational safety and health rules and regulations
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Effective supervision and coaching skills
• High ethical standards
• Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients