Project Finance Analyst2 (Shanghai)
- Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned projects, including review of revenue recognition, project performance variances, and unbilled/unearned positions. Monitor monthly compliance reports, to ensure timely reporting of revenue and billing deliverables by Project Manager.
- Prepare monthly reporting requirements for assigned projects, including unsigned contract opportunities, backlog, and other ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Review and approve work movements and changes, and final remaining revenue adjustment for assigned projects.
- Ensure project journal, write-offs, and financial adjustments are properly documented, reviewed and approved.
- Monitor Unbilled, Write-off activity, Over the Limit and Contract Activation exception reports and resolve/escalate unusual activity.
- Coordinate loading of global project budgets to financial management system, including collection of non Quintiles International Pricing (QIP) supported budgets. Review / reconcile loaded project budgets to ensure accuracy against contracted values.
- Coordinate loading of payment schedule. Review / reconcile loaded project payment schedule to ensure accuracy against contracted values and compliance to negotiated contract terms.
- Coordinate configuration of Project and Contract modules, including assignment of Rate Sets / Plans to Activities, configuration of Contract Lines and establishment of Billing / Revenue Limits.
- Monitor and action monthly compliance reports, to ensure timely reporting of revenue and billing deliverables by Project Manager.
- Review / monitor rate exception reports and coordinate resolution of rate issues in a timely manner with the Global Project Services Group.
- Ensure review and completion of Project Check-off list throughout the project lifecycle (Activation, Configuration and Close-out).
- Complete project close-out procedures and communicate Project Status Action to the Global Project Services Support Group.
- Perform project level unbilled/unearned reconciliations as required.
- Complete assigned Monthly and Quarterly Sarbanes Oxley reporting requirements.
- Train and mentor more junior support staff.
- Will be assigned responsibility for projects, customers, and/or programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of revenue recognition, variance analysis, unbilled/unearned and cash flow management, and backlog forecasting.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft Project.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical accounting skills.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years’ accounting or project finance experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.