Purchasing Analyst (Dalian)
Under guidance, assist with the identification of opportunities from vendor expenditure, and work with colleagues to realize benefits for a variety of purchasing category initiatives. Ensure adherence to the Quintiles Transnational corporate purchasing policy which encourages vendor competition.
- Extract spend data from accounts payable or other databases and create spend reports.
- Prepare data templates for creation of baselines and provide templates to vendor to populate with line item spend details.
- Under guidance, work with functional stakeholders to identify requirements, identify purchasing process steps and timetable for completion of the project.
- Under guidance, prepare and issue competitive Requests for Information or Requests for Proposals and negotiate the best commercial terms.
- Prepare and present purchasing recommendations to purchasing management.
- Under guidance, collect Quintiles data from issue logs to feed into vendor performance reports and organise monthly and quarterly meetings for vendor management programs.
- Under guidance, create and populate templates required for ePurchasing exercises and assist set up on-line auction events.
- Ensure purchase orders comply with contract terms and work to improve the efficiency of the purchase to pay process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of purchasing methodologies, processes and practices.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, materials management, purchasing or procurement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of technical accounting skills.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance with 1 year's experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.