Senior/Clinical Project Manager (Beijing, Shanghai)
Quintiles pioneered the idea of helping pharma companies conduct objective clinical trials to establish not only whether a drug is effective, but who can take it safely. Our customers have relied on us to design and conduct rigorous clinical research for decades, from small studies to multinational mega-trials. However, we continue to develop new ways of interpreting and evaluating data that allow us to create more effective trials and determine outcomes faster.
If that is your passion, we have a place for you.
- Manage and co-ordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles and ensure consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop study management plans, together with team assignments and accountabilities and oversight of database maintenance.
- Serve as primary project contact with Sponsor to ensure communication is maintained and reporting schedules are adhered to.
- Collect information on team performance against contract, customer expectations, and project baselines.
- Lead problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issues.
- Identify quality issues within the study to implement appropriate corrective action plans. Escalate findings and action plans to appropriate parties.
- Provide input for the development of proposals for new work and manage project budgets.
- Provide input to line managers of their project team members' performance relative to project tasks.
- Prepare and present project information at internal and external meetings.
- Participate in proposal development and in the bid-defense process with guidance and supervision.
- Ensure high performance and efficiency of the clinical team through the scheduling of co-monitoring/accompanied site/visits and ongoing mentoring of CRA team.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 5 years' clinical research experience including 2 years' project management experience and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines
- Good therapeutic and protocol knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good judgment
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients