The Medical Science Liaison functions as a field-based member of the Medical Department. MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with a strong clinical and scientific background. MSLs are expected to facilitate and enhance the development and recognition of company products through communicating product related scientific information to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the specific therapeutic are or device segment they are supporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with local/regional KOLs
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange with ability to understand, interpret, communicate complex scientific data and information effectively to KOLs
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Contribute to publication planning, development of medical education material, internal scientific training to sales force, etc.
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences effectively, including Physicians, Pharmacists, nurses, etc.
- Collect and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Has an in depth knowledge of current pharmaceutical industry code of practice for Ethical Conduct the promotion of Medical Products
- The Medical Science Liaison ensures that all Medical Affairs applicable regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with the country/region he/she is responsible for
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area
- Influence product reimbursement activities post-launch by getting the drug/device on the Hospital formularies and Essential drug lists according to Country level regulations
- Manage Advisory boards
- Respond to incoming off-label queries in compliance with health regulations and medical ethics codes