Medical Sales Representative
Maximize sales growth in a specified geographical territory, consistent with Company strategy and objectives. This is achieved by educating and informing physicians and/or specified target audience on the value-added benefits of the customer’s products or services versus others in the marketplace.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Within a specific geographical territory, identify target customers through maintaining and analyzing customer records. Produce an appropriate territory business plan.
- Conduct sales interviews, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- May have ownership for managing relationships with identified key accounts and/or customer groups.
- Create and use a record system for top target customers and maintain using relevant company and or client software.
- In consultation with customers, produce market access plans for the successful adoption of new product and services where necessary displacing existing products and services.
- Gain inclusion and or equivalent and create adoption by relevant prescribers in a variety of locations (e.g. general practices, hospitals).
- Organize and hold group events to optimize business that can be generated from them, liaising with business development colleagues as appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales/technical knowledge of any specialty and disease areas and relevant publications.
- Optimize company profitability by achieving targets related to the volume and frequency of customer contacts as set by the Line Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Good understanding of Pharma Market and related procedures.
- Understanding and general knowledge of health service at both national and local level in terms of structures and procedures.
- Knowledge of Secondary Care or Specialist arena including Diagnostics, Theatre, etc.
- Ability to build relationships with key opinion leaders and health representatives in the territory and in the specialty segment.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems
- Demonstrable previous experience of face to face presentations to customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload with minimal guidance and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to monitor and plan to meet project objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field and experience in a range of customer types and therapy areas; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Possession of any required industry qualification essential to function as a Medical Representative in the relevant market.
- Good English level generally mandatory