Medical Science Liaison - Careers in the Netherlands
Purpose of the Position
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for the execution of Medical Affairs strategies and tactical plans in Psychiatry and Neurology. Initially this involves supporting the launch of Customers Product. The MSL will be responsible for Medical Affairs at a regional level across the Europe.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Execute Medical Affairs strategies and tactical plans for Psychiatry and Neurology at a regional level. National activities will be managed by the Medical Science Liaison Manager - Europe.
- Interact with Marketing, Regulatory, and HEOR/Market Access teams to execute medical life cycle plan and to implement strategies and tactics in support of brand development in Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Medical Affairs input to support applicable clinical trials, in particular phase IIIb and IV trials for post marketing studies.
- Execute an adaptive plan for internal support of Investigator Initiated Trials. Participate in scientific review of IITs, develop contracts and track execution of funded projects.
- Support team review and justification for approval of external independent CPD grant requests to assure compliance with legal and regulatory demands.
- Represent Medical Affairs at congresses, professional association meetings, and other national events and local events, updating and maintaining scientific and medical knowledge.
- Manage local and regional Health Care Professional (HCP) development, programme development and implementation in conjunction with applicable colleagues, and interaction with key healthcare professionals and government authorities. Interact with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and local HSPs in respective therapeutic area to establish strong scientific presence and value of Medical Affairs in the medical and academic community.
- Provide HCP’s with scientific information and literature upon documented request, including off-licence information
- Represent Medical Affairs at local workshops and academic events. Assist in the organisation and scientific support of key external events such as local, regional and national meetings.
- Establish internal Medical Affairs needs for the support of future local and regional speaker training. Development of direct medical content development for Speaker Training. Delivery of internal and external scientific product presentations.
- Support the UK medical publication plan development and implementation in conjunction with applicable colleagues. Initiate, prepare and lead to publication and presentation of relevant manuscripts, abstracts and posters. Coordinate strategic medical brand needs with HEOR and participate in execution of joint projects.
- Support function and professional education of field-force and coordinate Medical Affairs activities with respective individuals as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to marketing team. Work alongside the MSL Manager – Europe to support the UK business unit by providing clinical insight and technical expertise to Market Access and Marketing colleagues.
- Provide training to colleagues (including sales team) on product data and relevant developments in the therapy area. Support the development of presentations in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Advise on Medical Information activities on a proactive and as needed basis. Respond appropriately to requests (external or internal) for scientific or medical information about marketed or investigational products utilising/developing approved response material.
- To develop approved presentation material for use in presentations to HCP’s and/or internal colleagues, e.g. in support of training programmes .
- Ensure all activities remain compliant with respective Promotional Codes, including but not restricted to maintaining high professional standards of conduct in line with the Quintiles customer procedures with a duty of care to the reputation of the Company.
- Support the administration of internal process for comprehensive collection and analysis of medical and scientific information updates and facilitate appropriate internal distribution to internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with commercial, clinical and regulatory colleagues to foster a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Fully embrace the Quintiles customer Pharmaceutical European (SPE) culture. Serve as a role model for colleagues by operating in a mature and professional manner and consistently demonstrating SPE’s core values.
- Excellent communicator, networker and influencer – able to handle the elite specialists and regulatory/government groups
- Accountable and self-motivated
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent Business and strategic planning
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and get results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Qualifications and Experience
- Science, Medical or Pharmacy undergraduate degree
- Experience in an MSL or related role within the pharma industry with mental health experience.
- Ideally will have been involved with the launch of a new drug, or
- Be a registered mental health pharmacist with a strong desire to move into the pharma industry
- Able to understand the clinical and scientific aspects of the mental health products
- Able to respond to queries from, present to and discuss complex data
- Internal : Employees at all levels
- External : External parties such as healthcare professionals
- Specific Physical Abilities : Significant travel on a regular basis
- Specific Environmental Factors: Field based