Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM)
Although numerous disease-specific measures of patients’ treatment satisfaction for medication (TS-M) have been reported in the literature, less attention has been paid to developing a more general measure of TS-M--one that would permit comparisons across medication types and patient conditions. To fill this gap, the TSQM was developed.
- Generic measure of treatment satisfaction for medication.
- Rigorously developed with sound psychometric properties.
- Multiple linguistically validated languages available. For list of available languages click here.
- Three versions available - TSQM Ver 1.4 (14 items), TSQM Ver II (11 items), and TSQM Ver 9 (9 items).
- Domains include – Effectiveness, Side effects, Convenience, Global Satisfaction.
Key TSQM Validation Publications
- Atkinson MJ, Sinha A, Hass SL, et al. Validation of a general measure of treatment satisfaction, the Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM), using a national panel study of chronic disease. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004;2:12. Download
- Atkinson MJ, Kumar R, Cappelleri JC, et al. Hierarchical construct validity of the treatment satisfaction questionnaire for medication (TSQM version II) among outpatient pharmacy consumers. Value Health 2005;8 Suppl 1:S9-S24. Download
- Bharmal M, Payne K, Atkinson MJ, et al. Validation of an abbreviated Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM-9) among patients on antihypertensive medications. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2009 Apr 27;7:36. Download