Quintiles, Inc. holds the copyright for the TSQM. Any user of the TSQM must obtain permission for use from QuintilesIMS. There is a per-study / per translation fee associated with the TSQM. In order to request a TSQM Questionnaire, please complete the registration information, review the TSQM License Agreement, and complete the electronic signature process below. Please complete the below per study.
The per study license fee is US $3,000 for the first existing translation and US $1,500 for each additional existing translation. The fee is waived for academic use and for federally funded clinical trials.
FORM DATE 12-31-2016 -
IMPORTANT: READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Quintiles, Inc. (“Quintiles”) is the owner of TSQM v1.4, TSQM vII, and TSQM-9 and associated scoring algorithms (as applicable, the “Licensed Materials”). These terms represent the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Licensed Materials (“Agreement”). Upon your electronic acceptance of this Agreement, and subject to the terms of this Agreement, Quintiles grants you a limited, non sub-licensable, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Licensed Materials (the “Limited License”) in accordance with the permitted uses set forth below. The Licensed Materials are the confidential information of Quintiles. You will maintain the Licensed Materials in strict confidence and will only reveal the Licensed Materials to your employees, contractors or agents (“Representatives”) in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and then only to the extent required to administer the Project. You will ensure that your Representatives treat the Licensed Materials as strictly confidential. If disclosure of the Licensed Materials is required by law, you will notify Quintiles prior to such disclosure.
2. Pursuant to the Limited License, you may download, print and use the Licensed Materials in the form provided by Quintiles only in connection with the study and protocol referenced in your registration materials (the “Project”). The TSQM portion of the Licensed Materials may only be administered by you or your Representatives to patients participating in the Project. The scoring algorithms contained within the Licensed Materials may be provided only to your Representatives engaged in the Project, and then for the sole purpose of scoring the TSQM portion of the Licensed Materials. You may not modify or translate the Licensed Materials without the prior written consent of Quintiles. If any modifications to the Licensed Materials made by you or your Representatives are incorporated into the Licensed Materials, you hereby assign to Quintiles all rights you may have in any modifications. Except as permitted herein, the Licensed Materials may not be copied, distributed or transmitted without the prior written consent of Quintiles. The Licensed Materials must always include the following notice: “Copyright 2016 Quintiles. All rights reserved.”
3. Quintiles will submit all invoices under this Agreement to the address provided during the registration process and your payment is due within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice. Your use of the Licensed Materials is subject to payment of the non-refundable fee based on the number of translations selected on the registration page (the “License Fee”). In the event you fail to pay the License Fee on or before the due date, Quintiles may terminate the Limited License without further notice to you.
4. NEITHER QUINTILES, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS OR AGENTS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, AND TORT LIABILITY) FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, OPPORTUNITIES OR GOODWILL OR ANY TYPE OF INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE LICENSED MATERIALS EVEN IF QUINTILES HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL DAMAGES. THE LICENSED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. QUINTILES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED MATERIALS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU AGREE TO USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
5. You will ensure that any paper, article or other publication reporting results obtained using the Licensed Materials will include the following reference:
[for TSQM v1.4] Atkinson MJ, Sinha A, Hass SL, et al. Validation of a general measure of treatment satisfaction, the Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM), using a national panel study of chronic disease. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004; 2:12. Those seeking information regarding or permission to use the TSQM are directed to Quintiles at www.quintilesims.com/TSQM or TSQM@quintiles.com
[for TSQM vII] Atkinson MJ, Kumar R, Cappelleri JC, et al. Hierarchical construct validity of the treatment satisfaction questionnaire for medication (TSQM version II) among outpatient pharmacy consumers. Value Health 2005;8 Suppl 1:S9-S24. Those seeking information regarding or permission to use the TSQM are directed to Quintiles at www.quintilesims.com/TSQM or TSQM@quintiles.com
[for TSQM-9] Bharmal M, Payne K, Atkinson MJ, et al. Validation of an abbreviated Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM-9) among patients on antihypertensive medications. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2009 Apr 27;7:36. Those seeking information regarding or permission to use the TSQM are directed to Quintiles at www.quintilesims.com/TSQM or TSQM@quintiles.com
6. You will inform Quintiles upon the completion of the Project. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon your notification to Quintiles of the completion of the Project or if you or your Representatives breach the terms of this Agreement and such breach has not been cured within fifteen (15) days following notice of such breach. Following completion of the Project, or upon termination of this Agreement, you agree to provide to Quintiles all data from the Project that could be used to build the psychometric properties of the Licensed Materials. Any data provided by you will be kept confidential by Quintiles and used only to improve the psychometric properties of the Licensed Materials. Any disputes relating to this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Delaware.
FORM DATE 12-31-2016