Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM)
Although numerous disease-specific measures of patients’ treatment satisfaction for medication (TS-M) have been reported in the literature, less attention has been paid to developing a more general measure of TS-M--one that would permit comparisons across medication types and patient conditions. To fill this gap, the TSQM was developed.
- Generic measure of treatment satisfaction for medication.
- Rigorously developed with sound psychometric properties.
- Multiple linguistically validated languages available. For list of available languages click here.
- Two versions available - TSQM Ver 1.4 (14 items) and TSQM Ver II (11 items).
- Domains include – Effectiveness, Side effects, Convenience, Global Satisfaction.
Key TSQM Validation Publications
- Atkinson MJ, Sinha A, Hass SL, et al. Validation of a general measure of treatment satisfaction, the Treatment Satisfaction Questionnaire for Medication (TSQM), using a national panel study of chronic disease. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004;2:12.
- Atkinson MJ, Kumar R, Cappelleri JC, et al. Hierarchical construct validity of the treatment satisfaction questionnaire for medication (TSQM version II) among outpatient pharmacy consumers. Value Health 2005;8 Suppl 1:S9-S24.
Quintiles, Inc. holds the copyright for the TSQM. Any user of the TSQM must obtain permission for use from Quintiles. There is a per-use fee associated with the TSQM.
For more information or a TSQM License Request form, contact:
Erin L. Tomaszewski, MPH
Clinical Outcomes Research Scientist
Epidemiology & Outcomes Research