Phase I trials require facilities equipped with the latest medical technology while still offering healthy volunteers a safe, comfortable environment.
Strategically located in Europe and the US, our Phase I units offer a comprehensive solution for your specific therapeutic area, geography, size and complexity.
- Develop novel methods to accelerate proof of concept.
- Determine dose escalation and titration regimens.
- Access our deep bench of scientific experts and full pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) services.
- Establish definitive QT and perform TQT analysis with the industry’s largest staff of cardiologists.
- Adhere to globally consistent quality standards for patient safety and regulatory guidelines.
Guy’s Hospital, London, UK
Located in the heart of the city, Quintiles Drug Research Unit is on Guy's Hospital campus, split between two buildings: the Guy’s Hospital Tower and at Newcomen Street Complex. We have established close collaborations with several university research groups, all targeted at performing Phase I-II studies in patients. The most comprehensive being the formal partnership with King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. Click here for a video tour of our expanded Phase I Clinic and click here to read about our specialized facilities.
- 90 hospital beds with emergency crash carts on each of the 5 wards
- Electronic source data capture and trial management system (Part 11 compliant)
- Continuous cardiac monitoring/wireless telemetry
- Full-time 24/7 medical and nursing coverage for safe conduct of studies
- Dedicated team of full-time specialists: physicians, clinical physiologists, nurses, pharmacists, project managers and support staff
- Onsite pharmacy holds GMP manufacturing authorization
- Volunteer amenities include spacious recreation areas and wireless internet
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
- 150 clinical research beds
- 32 channels of Mortara ECG monitoring/wireless telemetry
- Emergency Response (Crash) Carts and emergency call systems in all clinic areas
- Simulation laboratory for ACLS training and adverse event/emergency training
- Bedside electronic data capture (Part 11 compliant)
- Restricted access, environmentally controlled USP-797 pharmacy with separate locked storage for investigational products
- Dedicated pharmacy area for handling radio-labeled 14C or 3H material
- On-site volunteer recruiting team and 15-station screening area
- Volunteer amenities include recreation/dining areas, bedside entertainment, wireless internet
Are you a volunteer or patient looking to enroll in a Phase I study? Click here