Phase I trials require facilities equipped with the latest medical technology while still offering healthy volunteers a safe, comfortable environment. Strategically located in Europe and the US, our Phase I units offer a comprehensive solution for your specific therapeutic area, geography, size and complexity.
We’ll help you:
- Develop novel methods to accelerate proof of concept.
- Determine dose escalation and titration regimens.
- Access our deep bench of scientific experts and full pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) services.
- Establish definitive QT and perform TQT analysis with the industry’s largest staff of cardiologists.
- Adhere to globally consistent quality standards for patient safety and regulatory guidelines.
Overland Park, Kansas
- 150 clinical research beds
- 32 channels of Mortara ECG monitoring/wireless telemetry
- Emergency Response (Crash) Carts and emergency call systems in all clinic areas
- Simulation laboratory for ACLS training and adverse event/emergency training
- Bedside electronic data capture (Part 11 compliant)
- Restricted access, environmentally controlled USP-797 pharmacy with separate locked storage for investigational products
- Dedicated pharmacy area for handling radio-labeled 14C or 3H material
- On-site volunteer recruiting team and 15-station screening area
- Volunteer amenities include recreation/dining areas, bedside entertainment, wireless internet
Guy’s Hospital, London, UK
Quintiles Drug Research Unit
- 90 hospital beds with emergency crash carts on each of the 5 wards
- Electronic source data capture and trial management system (Part 11 compliant)
- Continuous cardiac monitoring/wireless telemetry
- Full-time 24/7 medical and nursing coverage for safe conduct of studies
- Dedicated team of full-time specialists: physicians, clinical physiologists, nurses, pharmacists, project managers and support staff
- Onsite pharmacy holds GMP manufacturing authorization
- Volunteer amenities include spacious recreation areas and wireless internet
Located in the heart of the city, Quintiles Drug Research Unit is on Guy's Hospital campus, split between two buidings: the Guy’s Hospital Tower and at Newcomen Street complex. We have established close collaborations with several university research groups, all targeted at performing Phase I-II studies in patients. The most comprehensive being the formal partnership with King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust,
Our unit has specialized facilities for:
- Respiratory studies
- EEG studies and induced pain models
- Biomarker isolation and analysis
- Viral challenge studies
- Radio-labeled ADME studies