Achieve meaningful health outcomes by simplifying your path to success
Though the field is faced with numerous and complex challenges, the growing demand for therapeutics and the potential that stems from successful therapies make the venture into exploring oncology compounds a worthwhile investment. Translational research helps you explore a compound’s biology and focus on what’s important to identify the right markers and develop robust assays including companion diagnostics. By optimizing both drug and diagnostic in parallel, you identify the best patient populations and likely responses, leading to real and applicable results.
Reframe the process to reach a better outcome
When you partner with Quintiles and engage our full suite of translational oncology and global laboratory solutions, your probability of success greatly improves. Regardless of cancer indication or compound class, we provide customized solutions for all phases of oncology drug development.
Our translational research capabilities include:
- DNA/RNA sequencing and analysis.
- Comprehensive tissue and fluid-based testing.
- Biomarker development and validation.
- In vitro toxicity/cardiotoxicity assessments.
- Performing compound mechanism-of-action (MOA) studies and pathway elucidation.
- Identifying predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
- Developing and validating genomic and proteomic assays that focus on pathways and biomarkers for the drug and tumor type.
- Whole genome deep sequencing.
- In vivo TumorGraft testing.
- Microarray SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism).
- Recommending drug combinations to improve clinical outcome and/or preemptively overcome mechanisms of resistance.
- Identifying potential target patients and tumor types.
- Offering integrated genomics solutions to identify biomarkers for evaluating drug efficacy, toxicity and responsiveness.
Quintiles helped develop or commercialize 100% of 2012’s top 45 best-selling oncology products or compounds. From genomic analysis to biomarker assessment, we’re equipped with the latest scientific advances in translational oncology and ready to forge ahead with you.
Learn more about challenges and opportunities arising from the genomic revolution in cancer.